Daily Outfit – April 22 + San Francisco and over the knee socks
This is what I wore for an awesome day in San Francisco. I could have done without the bone-freezing wind and fog, but then again, I guess that’s part of its magic.
Yeah, I’ll just keep telling myself that.
Pictures from our trip and outfit break down after the jump.
Outfit break down:
Knitted black dress – Sequins Heart
Faux leather jacket – Guess
Tights and earrings – Hot Topic
Over the knee socks – Monarch? Or some other chilean store
Ankle boots – Bakers
Weird and unpredictable weather has taught me one thing: Over the knee socks are actually much more than just a pretty face. Er, garment.
Some reasons why they rock my socks (pun intended):
- They are easy to carry in a purse and don’t take much space
- They are easy to throw on on-the-way, without having to take anything off to put them on. I have experimentally proven this while on moving buses. For science. And warmth.
- They make such a big difference when it comes to keep your legs warm. You’d think that they wouldn’t, since they don’t cover much, but trust me, oh do they.
- There’s something on their shape that makes them really flattering. I’d say they probably make your legs look longer, though I’d have to take before and after pictures to really prove it. Again: for science.
- Plain over the knee socks can balance or mute an outfit, while patterned ones can make it more interesting or add a pop of color.
- They make it possible to wear short skirts in cold days.
- They are cute as hell.
View of the bridge from Fort Mason. This gave us hope! We thought we would never arrive before sunset.
Hello, Golden Gate. We finally meet.
Special thanks to Camila for being an awesome partner in tourism, for putting up with being my outfit photographer, and for forcing me to keep trying to get to the Golden Gate 😀